Another delicious, cool treat to help cool your pups down in the heat. Filled with healthy oils, antioxidants and fiber, your dogs will go crazy for these simple, delicious treats. You will find yourself whipping up a batch of homemade frozen pumpkin blueberry treats on a regular basis, and your dog will thank you for it!
Sienna, and even our picky girl Willow, both give this recipe 2 paws up. Willow is a very picky taste-tester, and usually won’t come back for multiple treats unless she loves them. She couldn’t get enough of these yummy frozen treats! They’re also a gluten free, vegetarian recipe that is super easy to make and healthy for your dogs.
You can easily substitute different fruits for the blueberries. Dog safe fruits include:
Apples, Bananas, Blueberries, Cranberries, Oranges, Peaches, Pears, Pineapple, Raspberries, Strawberries, Watermelon
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn a small amount from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling, as it has too much sugar!)
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Prep: 5 mins
- Freeze: 4 hours
- Yield: about 16
- In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin puree and blueberries. If blueberries are large, consider cutting them in to smaller pieces or giving them a quick blast in a blender, depending on the size of the mold you are using
- Melt coconut oil in microwave
- Mix coconut oil into pumpkin/blueberry mixture (if mixture hardens too much once the coconut oil is added just pop it back in to the microwave)
- Place mold(s) on a hard surface that can be moved to the freezer, like a small cookie sheet or a tupperware lid (I used these molds from Amazon)
- Pour in to mold(s), filling to top of mold. Use a spatula to smooth out and remove an overflow
- Place on flat surface in freezer
- Freeze for at least 4 hours
Store in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Share this recipe!
Enjoyed these? Try our Frozen Pumpkin Blueberry Dog Treats!
3 responses to “Frozen Pumpkin Blueberry Dog Treats”
[…] these recipes: Frozen Pumpkin Blueberry Dog Treats, Beef Pumpkin Gummies for dogs, Frozen Cranberry Coconut […]
[…] I’m sure if we had thought of it we also would have taken the scooped-out flesh and made it into pumpkin puree to use in some delicious Homemade Dog Treats like Pumpkin Oatmeal Baked Dog Treats, Pyramid Pan Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats or Frozen Pumpkin Blueberry Dog Treats! […]
[…] in recipes (see Pumpkin Oatmeal Baked Dog Treats, Pyramid Pan Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats or Frozen Pumpkin Blueberry Dog Treats) and also can be added to a meal or served as a […]