Gummies are so much fun! I’m not talking about those types of gummies, although they’re fun too. No, these are homemade Peanut Butter Liver Gelatin Dog Treats. Trust me, your dogs are going to love them. We’re mixing two of your dog’s favourite foods, peanut butter and liver treats, into one amazing combination.
These treats come together in about 5 minutes and make about 100 small treats. To keep these treats bite-sized, I used these adorable heart-shaped molds.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small amount from qualifying purchases. Read more about our advertising policy here.
A quick note on the ingredients
Make sure you are purchasing unflavoured gelatin without added sugars. Your dog doesn’t need them! I used Knox Gelatin packages for this recipe.
You can use any peanut butter, as long as it is dog safe (check the ingredients list to make sure it doesn’t have xylitol!). Either chunky or smooth peanut butter works. I used chunky, just because that’s what I had on hand. You could even make your own peanut butter!
Are you wondering what liver sprinkles are? They’re basically the dust from dehydrated liver treats. You can buy it on its own, or you could crumble some liver treats using a blender. They’re generally marketed as a food topper.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cool Time: 2+ hours
Yield: 100 small treats
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 package of gelatin (2.5 tsp)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup liver sprinkles
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Add 1/4 cup cold water to a bowl or cup (I used a small liquid measuring cup to make pouring easier)
- Add gelatin and mix well. Allow the mixture to sit for 1 min in order to allow the gelatin to bloom
- In the meantime, microwave 1/4 cup water with 1 tbsp of peanut butter until boiling, approximately 1 min
- Pour liver sprinkles into the water/gelatin mixture, and add the water/peanut butter mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- If your mold is flimsy, please on a cookie sheet or firm lid before pouring the mixture into molds
- Pour into molds. I used a small mold for these treats and poured it over, then used a spatula to move the excess into the adjoining molds
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, longer for larger molds
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days
Did your dog enjoy this recipe? Try our No Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Dog Treats!
Recipe Disclaimer: The recipes available at All For the Love of Dogs are developed from personal experiences in making them and feeding to their dogs. Your dogs may have allergies or other conditions that may make these recipes unsuitable for your dog and/or their lifestyle. Please consult with your veterinarian. Use your own judgement when making and feeding these recipes to your dog. All For the Love of Dogs is not liable for any allergic reactions, upset stomachs or any other consequences of experimenting with the recipes on this site.
One response to “Peanut Butter Liver Gelatin Dog Treats”
[…] you love this recipe? Check out some of our other dog treat recipes like Peanut Butter Liver Gelatin Dog Treats or Pumpkin Oatmeal Baked […]