Welcome to our ultimate guide to making delicious and healthy frozen treats for your furry friends. In this post, we will show you how to create homemade Blueberry, Strawberry and Kefir Pupsicles that will keep your dogs cool and satisfied during hot summer days. Packed with nutritious ingredients, these frozen delights are not only refreshing but also provide a host of health benefits for your canine companion. Let’s dive into the recipe and discover how easy it is to create these delightful treats at home.
These homemade frozen treats offer a range of health benefits for your dogs. Blueberries and strawberries are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that support a strong immune system and promote overall well-being. Kefir, a probiotic-rich dairy product, helps maintain a healthy digestive system for your four-legged companion. This delightful combination of ingredients not only keeps your dogs cool during the summer but also provides them with essential nutrients.
Variations and Additions
This recipe is highly versatile! You can use almost any dog-safe fruit or vegetable, and there are many different mixes you can use. Consider making your treats single, double or even triple-layered! You could also add in herbs like mint or parsley, or even a little bit of honey.
Substitutions for Kefir:
- Broth (homemade, dog-safe broth recommended due to onions in most store-bought brands)
- Oat Milk
- Almond Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Applesauce or baked apples (without seeds)
- Any other dog-safe fruit or veg!
Blueberry, Strawberry, and Kefir Pupsicles Recipe
Prep: 5 mins
Freeze: 2.5 hrs
Yield: about 30 medium-sized
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 cup plain kefir
- Wash fruit separately. If using frozen fruit, defrost and leave separated.
- In a small bowl, mash blueberries with a fork. Mix with 1/3 of a cup of kefir
- Spoon mixture into molds, filling halfway up each mold. Freeze for 15 minutes
- In a small bowl, mash blueberries with a fork. Mix with the remaining 1/3 of a cup of kefir
- Spoon mixture into molds on top of blueberry mixture. Freeze for 2 hours or more
- Once fully frozen, remove from molds and serve!
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Creating homemade Blueberry, Strawberry and Kefir Pupsicles is a fun and rewarding way to treat your dogs. By making these delightful frozen treats yourself, you have full control over the ingredients and can ensure that your furry friend receives a healthy and nutritious snack. Remember to use high-quality ingredients and always prioritize your dog’s dietary needs. So, beat the summer heat and bond with your canine companion by sharing these tasty pupsicles. Your dog will thank you with wagging tails and happy slurps!
Have you tried this recipe? Share a picture of your dog enjoying it on our Instagram page!
While you’re here, don’t forget to check out some of our other yummy recipes like Baked Apple Chips: A Tasty Alternative to Store-Bought Dog Treats, Irresistible Carob Apple Dog Treat Recipe and Frozen Cranberry Coconut Dog Treats!